This “new chapel” was opened on November 12th 1510. It is outside the castle and you can reach it through the small inner courtyard by a wooden ladder. In 2000 this area of the castle was fastened and anchored and during these restoration works small colour strokes were discovered. In autumn 2005 an important restoration work was started and, above all, the dry paintings on the eastern wall, the ancient walled altar and, sideways, the apostolic symbols of different ages were discovered. The paintings represent Christ Crucified, on the left Mary and St. George with the dragon. On the right there are St. John the Apostle, St. Blaise (painted as a young martyr with only one candle and not as a Bishop) and St. Florian who is throwing water on a building in a blaze. On the top angles there are the two baronial coats of arms of the Welspergs. The work was painted between 1540 and 1560 at the end of the Gothic Age. The ceiling is more recent and belongs to the Baroque Age.
|Period: 21.09 - 26.10||mo||tu||we||th||fr||sa||su|
|13:30 - 16:00|